The end of the year is usually a moment of reflection for many people. Coaching clients may bring up in their sessions the need to review the past year and set intentions for the new one.
As reflective and curious beings, coaches may also experience this urge to pause and reflect. If you find yourself in this position, we wanted to support you in your reflection by asking 50 questions that will expand your year in review, and hopefully help you grow as a coach and a professional.
1. What is the most important lesson you learned about yourself as a coach?
2. What coaching skills did you improve?
3. What did you enjoy the most about coaching?
4. What are you the most proud of this year?
5. What new skills did you learn?
6. What did you do for your continuing professional development as a coach?
7. What was your favourite coaching moment?
8. What was the most challenging moment?
9. What new habits did you start?
10. How did you coach by your core values?
11. How inclusive was your coaching practice?
12. What was the best decision you took?
13. How did you fail?
14. What got in the way of your coaching success?
15. What would you do differently if you could?
16. How are you different than a year ago as a coach?
17. Who or what had the biggest impact on your coaching this year?
18. What did you let go of?
19. What were the most useful resources you had?
20. What are you thankful for this year?
21. What was the best feedback you received?
22. How would you describe this coaching year in 3 to 5 words?
23. What energised you? What drained you?
24. How compassionate were you to yourself as a coach?
25. What advice would you give your last-year self?
26. What coach do you want to become next year?
27. What are you going to continue doing as a coach?
28. What do you want to change completely?
29. What would you like your end-of-year self say about the coaching year to come?
30. What pre-session and post-session rituals will you implement?
31. Who do you want to work with next year?
32. What will you do to step out of your comfort zone?
33. How will you measure coaching success?
34. How will you learn from future coaching challenges?
35. What do you want to accomplish in your coaching practice?
36. Which existing coaching relationships do you want to nurture?
37. What coaching opportunities do you want to create for yourself?
38. How will make next year matter as a coach?
39. How will you support other coaches?
40. What coaching qualities do you want to strengthen?
41. What coaching competencies do you want to learn?
42. How will you take care of yourself as a coach?
43. What will you say “no” to?
44. How will you improve your environment?
45. What are your business goals for next year?
46. Who will you ask help and support from?
47. How will you contribute to the coaching profession?
48. What would you like to let go?
49. What will you create?
50. What other questions would you like to answer?
LET'S STAY IN TOUCH
If you want to hear from us about all things coaching and not miss any new articles, sign up below 👇